East Middle School
The purpose of Title I, Part A is to provide resources to schools and districts to ensure that all children have a fair, equitable, and significant opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and close educational achievement gaps.
Title I, Part A is intended to support LEAs in:
- Improving teaching by promoting effective instruction for at-risk children and for enriched and accelerated programs;
- Expanding eligibility of schools for schoolwide programs that serve all children;
- Encouraging school-based improvement planning;
- Establishing accountability based on results;
- Promoting meaningful parent and family engagement;
- Coordinating with health and social services agencies;
- Focusing resources on the schools with the highest percentage of students living in poverty.
Our goals as a Title 1 School:
Increase academic achievement
Provide direct instructional support to students
Provide professional development for teachers
Promote and support parent education and involvement through ongoing activities at school.